- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Lobster Chops Recipe
|Light cream||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Warm)|
|Canned lobster||7 Ounce, shredded (1 Can)|
|Egg yolks||3 , slightly beaten|
|Corn flakes||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , well beaten|
Calories 539 Calories from Fat 326
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 37 g56.8%
Saturated Fat 18.8 g94%
Trans Fat 1 g
Cholesterol 305.9 mg
Sodium 552.1 mg23%
Total Carbohydrates 37 g12.5%
Dietary Fiber 1 g4.1%
Sugars 2.4 g
Protein 16 g33%
Vitamin A 30.9% Vitamin C 11.2%
Calcium 6.6% Iron 37.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Take a saucepan, melt butter, mix flour and cook till it turns mildly brown.
2. Mix salt, pepper and cream and continuously stirring, cook, till the mixture turns thick. Fold in the lobster meat.
3. Slowly add a small quantity of hot mixture into the eggs. Mix with rest of the hot mixture and on low heat, stir constantly and cook for 3 minutes.
4. Take a greased shallow pan and spread the lobster meat mixture in ½ inch thickness. Allow to cool and shape as chops.
5. Add corn flakes to fine crumbs and crush it.
6. Take the beaten egg, dip the chops in it and roll on the corn flake-crumb mixture.
7. Heat shortening and fry till chops turn slightly brown.
8. Serve accompanied by lemon slices.