- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Lobster Bites Recipe
|Frozen lobster tails||10 Ounce (1 Package, South African Variety)|
|Mixed pickling spices||1 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Cocktail sauce/Tartar sauce||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Bottled)|
Calories 642 Calories from Fat 1
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 23 g34.7%
Saturated Fat 3.8 g18.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1092.3 mg45.5%
Total Carbohydrates 43 g14.4%
Dietary Fiber 7 g27.8%
Sugars 25.1 g
Protein 13 g26.6%
Vitamin A 2.1% Vitamin C 104.2%
Calcium 6.7% Iron 15.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a saucepan cook lobster tails with pickling spices, onion, and salt.
2) Drain the mixture and let cool.
3) Using scissors, cut all the way through and remove thick membrane on the bottom of shell.
4) Peel out the hard shell and take out lobster meat with fingers of one hand and pulling meat outside with the other.
5) With a knife, cut meat into 1/2-inch-thick slices.
6) Sprinkle lemon juice on it.
7) Cover and chill.
8) Serve with a dip of bottled cocktail sauce or tartare sauce.