- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Best Lobster Bisque Recipe
|Live lobster||2 Pound (1 Live Lobster Of 1.5 Pound)|
|Diced carrot||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Small, chopped|
|Dry white wine||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Fish stock/Chicken broth||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Boiling milk||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Heavy cream||3 Tablespoon (Approximately)|
|Red food coloring||2 Drop|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2303 Calories from Fat 966
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 109 g168%
Saturated Fat 63.5 g317.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1153.7 mg
Sodium 3296.6 mg137.4%
Total Carbohydrates 85 g28.4%
Dietary Fiber 4.2 g16.9%
Sugars 43.7 g
Protein 202 g403.4%
Vitamin A 201.3% Vitamin C 26.7%
Calcium 131.4% Iron 30.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Melt two tablespoons of the butter and saute the carrot and onion in it until the onion is transparent. Add the bay leaf, thyme, parsley and lobster. Saute until the lobster turns red, or about five minutes, shaking the pan occasionally.
3. Add two tablespoons of cognac and ignite. Add the wine and stock and simmer twenty minutes.
4. Remove the lobster, cool and remove the meat from the shell. Dice the meat fine, add the sherry and set aside. Reserve the shell and broth.
5. Melt the remaining butter in a saucepan, add the flour and blend with a wire whisk. Meanwhile, bring the milk to a boil and add all at once to the butter-flour mixture, stirring vigorously with the whisk.
6. Grind or crush the lobster shell and add to the sauce. Add the reserved broth with the vegetables and simmer, covered, about one hour. Strain through a fine sieve.
7. Bring the sauce to a boil, and add enough cream to give the desired consistency. If desired, add a few drops of coloring to make the soup a delicate pink color.
8. Add the reserved lobster meat, correct the seasonings and add the remaining cognac.