- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Lobia Ghasi Recipe
|Lobia||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Potato||1 , diced|
|Fresh coconut/Frozen coconut||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Coconut||2 Cup (32 tbs), frozen|
|Red chillies||10 (Fry in few drops of oil)|
|Red chillies||10 , fry in few drops of oil|
|Tamarind paste||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||6 Clove (30 gm), crush it once|
|Garlic||6 Clove (30 gm)|
Calories 577 Calories from Fat 301
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 36 g54.6%
Saturated Fat 25 g125%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 147.7 mg6.2%
Total Carbohydrates 56 g18.8%
Dietary Fiber 13.9 g55.8%
Sugars 8.2 g
Protein 16 g31.5%
Vitamin A 9.9% Vitamin C 149.4%
Calcium 8.8% Iron 40.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Presuure cook lobiya and potatoes together till they are cooked.(2 whistles)
3. Grind masala by adding coconut, red chilli, tamarind paste and about 1 cup of warm water.
4. Add masala and salt to lobiya and bring it to a boil.(Add enough water to make the gravy medium thick)
5. Cover and cook on a low flame for about 10 minutes stirring occasionally.
6. Heat oil in a pan and add garlic.
7. Fry till golden brown and pour it over the cutty. Mix it well.
8. Serve hot with rice.