- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Lo Pan Fried Rice Recipe Video
|Tempeh||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Carrot||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chop|
|Red bell pepper||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chop|
|Scallions||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chop|
|Zucchini||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chop (Use any left over vegetables)|
|Brown rice||2 Cup (32 tbs) (left over and refrigerated)|
|Soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 1003 Calories from Fat 222
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 26 g40.1%
Saturated Fat 4.8 g23.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 879.6 mg36.6%
Total Carbohydrates 158 g52.6%
Dietary Fiber 7.8 g31%
Sugars 2.4 g
Protein 39 g77.3%
Vitamin A 68.4% Vitamin C 49.7%
Calcium 22.1% Iron 40.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Heat a pan with 1 tablespoon of oil.
2. Add 1/4 cup carrots, bell peppers, scallions and zucchini and caramalize till brown.
3. Once the veggies turn brown-ish, add in 2 cups of the day old refrigerated rice and stir.
4. Add 1 1/2 cups of tempeh and cook for 5 minutes.
5. Turn off the heat and add 2 tablespoons of soy sauce and mix.
6. Plate and garnish with chopped green onions and serve hot.
TIPS: Using a day old refrigerated rice is best to bring out flavors for this dish.