- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Spinach Enchiladas Recipe Video
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cream cheese||8 Ounce, softened|
|Heavy cream||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Onion powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Baking powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Carbquick||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cooking spray||10 Dash|
|Green enchilada sauce||10 Ounce|
|Spinach/Frozen spinach||10 Ounce, chopped|
|Ricotta cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sour cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cheddar||1 Cup (16 tbs), shredded|
Calories 306 Calories from Fat 205
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 23 g35.9%
Saturated Fat 12.7 g63.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 130.4 mg
Sodium 500.9 mg20.9%
Total Carbohydrates 10 g3.3%
Dietary Fiber 2.6 g10.5%
Sugars 2.5 g
Protein 17 g33.6%
Vitamin A 70.3% Vitamin C 33.3%
Calcium 25.7% Iron 9.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven at 375 degrees F. Grease a 9X3 pan with non – stick spray.
2. In a mixing bowl take cream cheese and mix with hand mixer.
3. Add in the eggs and mix again with the mixer.
4. Stir in the baking powder, onion powder, garlic powder and carbquick to the mixture and mix again.
5. Add in the water and cream, mix well.
6. Place a pan over the medium heat and grease with cooking spray. And grease the ladle which is to use for flipping the tortillas.
7. Pour ¼ cup of the batter into the pan and swirl around. Cook for 3 minutes and after that flip the tortillas and cook for another 2 minutes.
8. Line a plate with wax paper and place the tortillas over that again line with wax paper. Repeat the process of making tortillas until all the batter is consumed.
9. For the Filling – in the mixing bowl take spinach, ricotta cheese and sour cream. Mix well with a spatula.
10. Stir in half of the cheddar cheese and mix again.
11. Place the tortilla over a chopping board and stuff with spinach filing wrap the tortillas and place in a prepared pan.
12. Pour in the enchilada sauce and spread evenly with spatula. Top with remaining cheddar cheese.
13. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes at 375 degrees F.
14. Serve Spinach Enchiladas with fresh juice.