- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Liver with Onions Recipe
|Onions||1 Pound (450 Gram)|
|Lamb liver||1 Pound, thinly sliced (450 Gram)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Plain flour||1 1⁄2 Ounce (45 Gram)|
|Vegetable oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Butter||1 Ounce (30 Gram)|
|Fresh chopped parsley||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 253 Calories from Fat 122
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g21.3%
Saturated Fat 3.5 g17.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 10.2 mg
Sodium 71 mg3%
Total Carbohydrates 16 g5.3%
Dietary Fiber 1.7 g6.7%
Sugars 3.3 g
Protein 17 g34.7%
Vitamin A 1238.5% Vitamin C 20.5%
Calcium 2.7% Iron 63.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Trim away any large tubes from the liver using a pair of small scissors or a sharp knife.
3. Mix the seasoning and the flour together on a plate and turn the liver in the mixture to coat the slices evenly.
4. Gently heat the oil and the butter in a large frying pan until foaming.
5. Add the onion and saute until just golden.
6. Add the liver slices and saute for 3-5 minutes on each side until well cooked Cooking time will depend on the thickness of each slice.
7. Stir the parsley into the liver and onions and serve immediately on hot plates.