- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Liver Rosemary Recipe
|Vegetable oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Mushrooms||1 Cup (16 tbs), sliced|
|Green bell pepper strips||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), sliced|
|Julienned carrot||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Fresh garlic||1⁄2 Teaspoon, minced|
|Calf liver||12 Ounce, cut into 1-inch-wide strips|
|Fresh parsley||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Tomatoes||2 Medium, blanched, peeled, seeded, and chopped|
|Chicken broth||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Enriched all purpose flour||2 Teaspoon|
|Rosemary leaves||1⁄4 Teaspoon, crushed|
Calories 183 Calories from Fat 61
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g9%
Saturated Fat 0.38 g1.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 282 mg
Sodium 194.8 mg8.1%
Total Carbohydrates 12 g4%
Dietary Fiber 2.4 g9.7%
Sugars 3.7 g
Protein 20 g40%
Vitamin A 733.1% Vitamin C 24.4%
Calcium 2% Iron 34%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Take a 9-inch skillet, heat oil in it, add mushrooms, green pepper, carrot, and garlic and fry quickly till the vegetables are soft-crisp for about 5 minutes.
2) Now add the liver and cook, mixing swiftly until the colour changes completely for about 5 minutes.
3) Now add all the remaining ingredients leaving parsley.
4) Cook, mixing all the while, till the sauce thickens a little.
5) Garnish with parsley and serve.