- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Liver Dumplings In Soup Recipe
|Liver||1⁄4 Pound (Beef, Calf, Lamb, Pork Or Chicken)|
|Ground black pepper||1 Pinch|
|Minced parsley||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Bread slice||1 1⁄2 (Without Crusts)|
|Milk/Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), sifted|
|Soup stock||2 Quart|
Calories 343 Calories from Fat 89
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g15.3%
Saturated Fat 3.1 g15.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 66.1 mg
Sodium 880.8 mg36.7%
Total Carbohydrates 39 g13.1%
Dietary Fiber 1.2 g4.9%
Sugars 11.3 g
Protein 23 g46.2%
Vitamin A 472.5% Vitamin C 16.4%
Calcium 10.6% Iron 37%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Trim the liver, grind with onion, and then stir in yolk, salt, pepper, thyme, nutmeg, and parsley.
2) Soak bread in milk, squeeze out excess milk, and add to the liver mixture.
3) Add flour and make a soft dough.
4) Allow the soup stock to boil.
5) Take a teaspoon, dip in the broth, fill with batter, and drop in the soup.
6) Repeat the steps.
7) Cover the pot and let it simmer until the dumplings are cooked.
8) Season with salt and pepper and serve.