- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Liver and Vegetables Recipe
|Sliced carrots||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sliced celery||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Instant beef broth and seasoning mix||1 Ounce (1 Packet)|
|Beef liver||5 Ounce, cut into strips|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Tomato juice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Taco seasoning mix||1 Teaspoon|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
Calories 104 Calories from Fat 13
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 1 g2.2%
Saturated Fat 0.47 g2.3%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 97.5 mg
Sodium 577.3 mg24.1%
Total Carbohydrates 14 g4.6%
Dietary Fiber 1.6 g6.3%
Sugars 5.1 g
Protein 8 g16.3%
Vitamin A 231% Vitamin C 37%
Calcium 3.4% Iron 13.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a 1-quart saucepan, mix the carrots, celery, water and broth mix, then cook until the vegetables are just tender, keep aside.
2) In a 10-inch non-stick skillet, sprayed with non-stick cooking spray, saute the liver and Worcestershire sauce, stir constantly and cook for 1 to 2 minutes, until the liver is no longer red.
3) Stir in the vegetables and cooking liquid alongwith rest of the ingredients and bring to a boil.
4) Simmer on a low heat for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the flavors are well blended.
5) Serve immediately on individual serving plates.