- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Liver And Onions, Italian Style Recipe
|Calves liver||1 Pound|
|Sage||3⁄4 Teaspoon, crumbled|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Onions||1 Pound, thinly sliced|
|Lemon juice||1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Parsley||2 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
Calories 422 Calories from Fat 266
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 30 g46.1%
Saturated Fat 8.9 g44.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 32.3 mg
Sodium 107.7 mg4.5%
Total Carbohydrates 12 g4%
Dietary Fiber 2.6 g10.5%
Sugars 4.9 g
Protein 27 g53.1%
Vitamin A 21.3% Vitamin C 32.6%
Calcium 5.7% Iron 6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Wash and clean the liver then pat dry on paper toweling.
2. Place on a meat board and cut into thin slices using a sharp meat knife or cleaver.
3. Sprinkle with crumbled sage, salt and pepper.
4. In a large frying pan, melt butter with olive oil and heat over medium flame.
5. Add the onions and sauté them until golden and tender.
6. Use a slotted spoon to remove onions into a dish. Keep aside.
7. Increase heat to high and add the liver slices to the remaining fat in the pan. If less add more oil and butter.
8. Fry the liver for 1 to 2 minutes until it changes color.
9. Return onions to the pan and sauté another minute until liver is cooked.
10. Dish out immediately.
11. Sprinkle lemon juice and parsley over the liver.
12. Serve immediately with buttered spinach and toast.