- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Liver And Onions Recipe
|Calves liver/Lamb liver||1 Pound (1/2 Kilogram)|
|Bacon rashers||4 , roughly chopped|
|Dripping||1 Ounce (25 Gram)|
|Onions||2 Large, sliced|
|Flour||1 Ounce (25 Gram)|
|Beef stock/Stock made with a stock cube||1⁄2 Pint (250 Milliliter)|
|Chopped parsley||1 Tablespoon (For Garnish)|
Calories 404 Calories from Fat 186
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21 g31.8%
Saturated Fat 4.6 g22.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 7.2 mg
Sodium 1137.8 mg47.4%
Total Carbohydrates 21 g7.1%
Dietary Fiber 3 g11.9%
Sugars 7.2 g
Protein 33 g65%
Vitamin A 6.4% Vitamin C 27.6%
Calcium 4.8% Iron 5.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) With a sharp knife, make thin slices of the liver and discard large tubes.
2) Run down warm water and put on absorbent paper towels to drain excess liquid.
3) Heat fat in a pan and fry bacon. Keep aside.
4) Fry onions in the remaining fat till brown.
5) Mix flour stirring for 1 minute.
6) Stir in stock and add seasoning. Boil and keep stirring.
7) Put liver and bacon to the liquid, simmer covered for 15 minutes.
8) Cool the content. Put in a serving dish sprinkled with parsley. Combine with mashed potatoes and buttered cabbage.
Freeze the content in a polythene bag tightly sealed. Before serving, simmer water and transfer content to a heatproof bowl.
Cook covered for 15 minutes.