- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Liver And Brown Rice Ring Recipe
|Cooked brown rice||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Liver||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), finely diced (Leftover, Any Kind)|
|Grated onion||1 Tablespoon|
|Minced green pepper||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Minced celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Melted butter/Margarine||2 Tablespoon|
|Concentrated tomato soup||10 1⁄2 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Lemon||1⁄2 , thinly sliced|
Calories 421 Calories from Fat 89
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g15.6%
Saturated Fat 4.2 g21%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 16.1 mg
Sodium 373.4 mg15.6%
Total Carbohydrates 60 g20.1%
Dietary Fiber 4.8 g19.2%
Sugars 6.5 g
Protein 22 g44.5%
Vitamin A 1277.3% Vitamin C 28%
Calcium 3.4% Iron 69.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a bowl, mix rice, liver, onion, green pepper, celery, and butter
2) Season with salt and pepper.
3) Add little water to make mixture of right consistency.
4) In a well-greased 1 1/2 -quart ring mold or bowl press the mixture to it.
5) Place in preheated hot oven (400°F.) for 10 minutes.
6) Unmold and serve with sauce made from soup heated with lemon slices.
7) Before serving, add some minced onion and a crumbled bay leaf to the sauce. Thin with vegetable cooking water to thin sauce if desired.