- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Liver and Bacon Pasties Recipe
|Basic shortcrust pastry dough||1 (made with 1/2 pound flour)|
|Potato||1 Medium, peeled and diced|
|Onion||1 Medium, peeled and chopped|
|Pigs liver||6 Ounce, cooked and diced|
|Bacon rashers||3 , rinds removed, cooked and diced|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Egg||1 , beaten (for glaze)|
Calories 390 Calories from Fat 165
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g28.1%
Saturated Fat 6.7 g33.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 180.9 mg
Sodium 362.9 mg15.1%
Total Carbohydrates 40 g13.4%
Dietary Fiber 2.8 g11.2%
Sugars 2.8 g
Protein 17 g33.2%
Vitamin A 185.4% Vitamin C 38.6%
Calcium 3.4% Iron 62.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 425°F.
2) Divide the dough into 4 parts.
3) Dust the flour over the working table and roll out the each piece of dough into about 7 inch rounds.
4) In a bowl, mix well together potatoes, onion, liver, bacon and seasoning.
5) Place the potato mixture equally among the four rounds, leaving a margin around the edges.
6) Lightly brush the edges with water and pull the dough to enclose the filling.
7) Press the dough sheet to seal, then flute the edges.
8) Arrange the pasties on a baking sheet and brush with the beaten egg.
9) Bake in the oven 40 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through.
10) Allow to cool over a wire rack.
11) If you wish to freeze the dish, then do so at this stage. Freeze the pasties until firm, and remove from the ring.
12) Wrap the pasties individually in foil and pack in freezer bag.
13) Seal, label and return to freezer.
14) Serve hot garnished with chopped parsley of desired.
15) If using the frozen pasties, take off the wrapping and place on the baking pan and thaw at room temperature for 4 hours.
16) Reheat in the preheated moderate oven for 25 minutes or until heated through.
17) Serve as mentioned in step 14.