- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Little Pastries - Turnovers Jelly Tarts Rounds Recipe
|Piecrust mix||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs) (adjust quantity as required)|
|Applesauce/Drained canned crushed pineapple /preserves||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sugar jelly/Jam||2 Tablespoon|
|Confectioners' sugar||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 110 Calories from Fat 0
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.02 g0.03%
Saturated Fat 0 g0.02%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 94.3 mg3.9%
Total Carbohydrates 26 g8.6%
Dietary Fiber 0.94 g3.8%
Sugars 9.7 g
Protein 2 g4.7%
Vitamin A 0.02% Vitamin C 0.36%
Calcium 0.07% Iron 11.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven hot to 400F or 425F.
2) Follow package directions to mix piecrust mix with 2 tablespoons cold water.
3) Roll out to make 12-inch circle, about 1/8 inch thick.
4) Cut into desired shape.
5) To make Turnovers, cut into circles (2, 3 or 4 inches in diameter).
6) Fill half of pastry with applesauce or crushed pineapple or preserves. Use 1 tablespoon filling for 4-inch; 1/2 tablespoon for 3-inch; 1 teaspoon for 2-inch.
7) Dampen the edges with water.
8) Fold over the other half and press the edges to seal.
9) Brush with water and prick with fork.
10) Arrange in a cookie sheet and bake for 20 minutes until light brown.
11) To make rounds, cut into 2-inch circles.
12) Brush with water and prick with fork.
13) Bake pastries for 8 minutes.
14) To make Jelly Tarts, cut into 2-inch circles. Cut again 1/2-inch rounds from the circles.
15) Brush with water and prick with fork.
16) Bake for 8 minutes.
17) Keep aside to cool.
18) Spread half of 2-inch rounds with jelly.
19) Place rounds with hole in center.
20) Sift confectioners' sugar over the top.
21) Serve 9 to 12 assorted pastries.