- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Little Dill Cheese Loaves Recipe
|Active dry yeast||1 Tablespoon (1 Package)|
|Warm water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cream style cottage cheese||1⁄2 Pound (1 Cup)|
|Instant minced onion||1 Tablespoon|
|Dill weed||2 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Sifted all purpose flour||2 1⁄3 Cup (37.33 tbs)|
Calories 430 Calories from Fat 71
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g12.3%
Saturated Fat 4 g20.2%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 70 mg
Sodium 797.5 mg33.2%
Total Carbohydrates 72 g23.9%
Dietary Fiber 3.1 g12.4%
Sugars 9.6 g
Protein 17 g33.9%
Vitamin A 8.7% Vitamin C 2.1%
Calcium 10.3% Iron 31.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Heat cheese just until lukewarm in small saucepan; stir into yeast mixture; add sugar, onion, dill weed, salt, baking soda, egg and 1 1/3 cups flour. Beat with electric mixer at medium speed for 2 minutes. Stir in the remaining flour to make soft dough.
3. Cover with a towel. Let rise in a warm place, away from drafts, 1 hour, or until double in bulk.
4. Stir dough down; spoon evenly into six 6-ounce souffle dishes or custard cups.
5. Let rise again in a warm place, away from drafts, 45 minutes, or until double in bulk.
6. Bake in moderate oven (350°) 30 minutes; cover with foil, then bake 15 minutes longer, or until loaves sound hollow when tapped. Brush tops with butter or margarine; remove from dishes to wire racks. Serve warm, or cool completely.