- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Little Apple Cakes Recipe
|Lard||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Nuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), broken|
|Apples||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Dates||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Coffee||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), cold|
Calories 433 Calories from Fat 165
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g27.9%
Saturated Fat 6 g29.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 12.5 mg
Sodium 460.1 mg19.2%
Total Carbohydrates 64 g21.3%
Dietary Fiber 3.3 g13.3%
Sugars 35.7 g
Protein 6 g11.2%
Vitamin A 0.4% Vitamin C 2.4%
Calcium 12% Iron 10%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 350°F
2. Butter Gem tins or muffin cups.
3. In a large mixing bowl, sift in flour with, soda, salt, baking power and spices. Keep aside.
4. Combine the nuts and dates and dredge with a little of the flour mixture. Keep aside
5. In a mixing bowl, combine the lard and sugar and beat using an electric beater or a wooden spoon, until light and creamy.
6. Blend in the egg, beating vigorously.
7. Add the sifted dry ingredients and work into a batter, adding the coffee to adjust the consistency.
8. Fold in the fruit and nut mixture and finally stir in the vanilla.
9. Spoon the batter into the prepared tins.
10. Place in the preheated oven for 30 to 40 minutes until risen and springy to touch.
11. Remove and let stand in the tins for 5 minutes, then invert onto a wire rack and cool.
12. Serve along with tea or coffee or use to make desserts.