- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Lite Chocolate Sauce Recipe
|Regular margarine||2 Tablespoon|
|Sugar||6 Tablespoon (1/4 Cup Plus 2 Tablespoons)|
|Light corn syrup||2 Tablespoon|
|Evaporated milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Calories 408 Calories from Fat 145
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g25.4%
Saturated Fat 4.8 g24.1%
Trans Fat 0.9 g
Cholesterol 9.3 mg
Sodium 145.1 mg6%
Total Carbohydrates 69 g22.9%
Dietary Fiber 5 g19.9%
Sugars 52.8 g
Protein 5 g10.3%
Vitamin A 12.2% Vitamin C 1%
Calcium 10.6% Iron 11.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In small saucepan over low heat melt margarine.
2. Take off heat stir in sugar, cocoa and corn syrup.
3. Put in evaporated skim milk.
4. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, just until mixture begins to boil and is smooth.
5. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
6. Let it cool slightly.
7. Spoon 1 tablespoon warm sauce over 1/2 cup vanilla ice milk for each serving.