- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Linguini with Chicken and Carbonara Sauce Recipe Video
|Chicken breast||8 Ounce, boneless and skinless cut into bite sized pieces|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Green pepper||1 , seeded and chopped|
|Red pepper||1 , seeded and chopped|
|Onion||1⁄2 Medium, chopped|
|Fat free evaporated milk||8 Ounce|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Grated parmesan cheese||2 Tablespoon (And More For Garnish)|
|Chopped fresh parsley||1 Tablespoon (To Garnish)|
Calories 279 Calories from Fat 55
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g9.3%
Saturated Fat 1.5 g7.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 61.6 mg
Sodium 235.9 mg9.8%
Total Carbohydrates 36 g12%
Dietary Fiber 4.6 g18.4%
Sugars 7 g
Protein 20 g39.6%
Vitamin A 23.3% Vitamin C 87.2%
Calcium 18.4% Iron 8.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Cut up the chicken into bite size pieces and season with salt and pepper. Place chicken in a high preheated pan with 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil. Allow for chicken to brown and cook through which is 5 or so minutes.
2) Remove from pan and place all prepped vegetables into a medium-high heat pan. Cook for 10 minutes or until the vegetables have become tender. Once tender, add chicken back into pan and turn heat down to low.
3) Add the evaporated milk and the beaten egg. (Stir the egg in slowly so the egg doesn't scramble.)
4) Add the parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper to taste.
5) Allow the mixture to thicken for 10 minutes. (You can add more evaporated milk if too thick.)
6) Boil off linguini to package directions. Place directly into the carbonara mixture and stir.
7) Add into serving dish.
8) Garnish with parmesan cheese and parsley.
9) Serve hot!