- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Linguini ai Frutti di Mare (Seafood Linguini) Recipe Video
|Crab legs||4 Large|
|Prawns||16 Large, deveined|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), mince|
|Extra virgin olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Diced tomatoes||540 Milliliter|
|Jarred tomato||720 Milliliter, strained|
|Black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Dry white wine||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Italian seasoning blend||1 Teaspoon|
|Balsamic vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
|Hot sauce||2 Dash (to taste)|
|Linguine pasta||200 Gram|
|Toasted pine nuts||2 Tablespoon (Optional)|
Calories 795 Calories from Fat 145
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g26%
Saturated Fat 2.6 g13.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1031.2 mg
Sodium 2879.6 mg120%
Total Carbohydrates 51 g17.1%
Dietary Fiber 6.8 g27.3%
Sugars 5.5 g
Protein 112 g224.4%
Vitamin A 49.4% Vitamin C 62.4%
Calcium 13.4% Iron 26.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Place a pot on heat, and boil water and salt in it.
2. Add crab legs, and cook for about 4 minutes.
3. Drop jumbo prawns in salted water, and cook until they rise to the top and turn nice and pink. Drain, remove shells, and set it aside.
4. In salted boiling water, add linguine pasta, cook for 7 minutes or until al dente, drain and set aside.
5. Place a pan over medium high heat, pour olive oil, and sauté garlic until fragrant.
6. Add diced and strained tomatoes in it. Mix well.
7. Then, put salt, black pepper, Italian seasoning, bay leaves, hot sauce, balsamic vinegar, and white wine in it. Mix to combine. Bring it to a boil.
8. Then, turn the heat to medium low, cover and allow it to simmer for about an hour, until the sauce reduces and thickens. Remove bay leaves.
9. Heat the pasta pot, ladle some sauce in it, and mix to add flavours.
10. Then in the remaining sauce, add crab, and prawn meat. Stir, and cook for about a minute.
11. Into a large bowl, transfer linguine, and pour sauce on top.
12. Sprinkle pine nuts, and toss them well.
13. Serve linguini ai frutti di mare hot with parmesan, and parsley garnish.
Just when the water starts to boil, you must add salt. Add a generous amount of salt.