- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Linguine with Steamed Clams and Mussels Recipe
|Mussels/Clams -2 pounds / mussel - 1 pound and clam -1 pound||2 Pound|
|White wine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Purified water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), sliced|
|Shallots||3 , chopped|
|Tomatoes||2 Cup (32 tbs), chopped|
|Fresh basil||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Freshly ground black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Chili flakes||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Lemon zest||1 Teaspoon, grated|
|Fresh parsley||2 Tablespoon, chopped (For Garnish)|
Calories 452 Calories from Fat 77
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g14.7%
Saturated Fat 1.6 g8.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 64.6 mg
Sodium 850.7 mg35.4%
Total Carbohydrates 56 g18.5%
Dietary Fiber 3.1 g12.4%
Sugars 3.3 g
Protein 28 g56.7%
Vitamin A 32.2% Vitamin C 59%
Calcium 9.6% Iron 48.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Scrub clam and/or mussel shells after soaking them in cold water for 5 minutes.
2. Cook linguine in a pot with boiling water along with salt until it is firm, but nor hard. Drain and keep aside.
3. Add clams and/or mussels to a large pot with lid along with shallots, garlic, water, and white wine.
4. Cook, covered, on high heat, for 10 minutes or until the shellfish open. Keep shaking the pot intermittently.
5. Add drained pasta, tomatoes, basil, salt, pepper, chili flakes, and olive oil and toss well.
6. Add lemon juice and zest and toss well. Garnish Linguine with Steamed Clams and Mussels fresh chopped parsley and serve immediately.