- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Light Shrimp Scampi Recipe Video
|Linguine pasta||1 Pound|
|Unsalted butter||3 Tablespoon|
|Extra virgin olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Garlic cloves||6 , minced|
|Red pepper flakes||1 Teaspoon|
|Garlic powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Large shrimps||1 Pound, peeled and deveined with tails on|
|Lemons||2 1⁄2 (2 lemons juiced, 1 lemon zested and 1/2 lemon sliced)|
|Chopped parsley||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
Calories 599 Calories from Fat 188
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 22 g33.9%
Saturated Fat 7 g35.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 182.5 mg
Sodium 515 mg21.5%
Total Carbohydrates 70 g23.3%
Dietary Fiber 5.1 g20.3%
Sugars 1.7 g
Protein 32 g63.5%
Vitamin A 11.1% Vitamin C 56.6%
Calcium 8.5% Iron 16.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large pot of salted boiling water, put the linguine and cook for about 7-10 minutes or as per the packet instructions
2. Meanwhile, in a large pan over medium low heat, melt the butter and olive oil.
3. Add in garlic, salt and red pepper flakes, and sauté for few seconds or until you can smell garlic.
4. Put in the shrimp, salt and pepper, spread in single layer, can cook until they start to curl and turn pink, flip and cook the other side for about 5 minutes all together.
5. Add in the cooked pasta, stir and turn heat to low, add in the lemon zest and juice and stir together until well mixed.
6. Stir in the lemon rounds and chopped parsley and turn the heat off.
7. Serve hot.