- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Linguine with Creamy Clam Sauce Recipe
|Clams||3 Ounce, drained, canned, chopped (reserve 1/2 cup clam juice)|
|Canned clams||3 Ounce, drained, chopped (reserve 1/2 cup clam juice)|
|Part skim ricotta cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Olive oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Dry white wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dry white table wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Basil leaves||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Linguine||1 Cup (16 tbs), cooked hot|
|Linguine||1 Cup (16 tbs), cooked (Hot)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 907 Calories from Fat 224
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 27 g41.2%
Saturated Fat 13.3 g66.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 138.7 mg
Sodium 1342.4 mg55.9%
Total Carbohydrates 90 g30.1%
Dietary Fiber 4.2 g16.8%
Sugars 6.7 g
Protein 54 g107.3%
Vitamin A 26.7% Vitamin C 31.6%
Calcium 77.8% Iron 89.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a blender container, process the clam juice and ricotta cheese together until smooth, keep aside.
2) In a 10 inch skillet, saute the onion and garlic in the oil over a medium heat for 1 to 2 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the onion is softened.
3) Stir in the ricotta cheese mixture and wine, simmer over a low heat for 5 to 7 minutes, stirring frequently.
4) Stir in the clams, salt, basil and pepper and allow to simmer for another 1 minute, until the clams are thoroughly heated.
5) Spoon the clam sauce over a bed of hot linguine and serve immediately.