- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Linguine with Broccoli and Anchovies Recipe
|Broccoli florets||2 Bunch (200 gm), trimmed|
|Broccoli||2 Pound, flowerets taken and the stems trimmed, peeled, and sliced into 1/4-inch-thick disks (2 Large Bunches)|
|Extra-virgin olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||6 Clove (30 gm)|
|Garlic||6 Clove (30 gm), peeled and finely chopped|
|Anchovy fillets||2 Ounce, finely chopped (1 Can)|
|Canned anchovy fillets||2 Ounce, drained and finely chopped (1 Can)|
|Red pepper flakes||1 Dash|
|Dry white wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Pasta||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (From Cooked Pasta)|
Calories 481 Calories from Fat 77
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g14.8%
Saturated Fat 0.97 g4.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 36.4 mg
Sodium 349.8 mg14.6%
Total Carbohydrates 76 g25.2%
Dietary Fiber 3.2 g12.9%
Sugars 2.1 g
Protein 17 g34.6%
Vitamin A 30.1% Vitamin C 81.7%
Calcium 7.7% Iron 17.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large pot of lightly salted water brought to a boil blanch the broccoli stems for 1 minute, then add the florets and blanch until they are tender-crisp, approximately 3 minutes.
2. Into another large pot drain their blanching water, reserving to cook the pasta.
3. Cool the broccoli by plunging it in an ice bath or rinsing it under cold running water until it is cool, then drain and set aside
4. Return the cooking water to a boil, adding more water if necessary and add the pasta.
5. In a Dutch oven heat the olive oil over medium heat and saute garlic to the oil, stirring often, until it is soft and fragrant.
6. Add the anchovies and red pepper flakes and saute stirring constantly, for 2 minutes.
7. To the pot add wine and the 1/2 cup of pasta cooking water, simmer the ingredients, stirring constantly, until the anchovies are dissolved and add the blanched broccoli.
8. Drain the pasta once tender, drain it and add the broccoli and anchovies.
9. Combining the ingredients well, simmer the mixture, stirring it often, over low heat for 2 minutes.
10. Season the pasta with the salt and pepper and serve.