- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Linda's Spaghetti Sauce with Red Peppers Recipe
|Lean ground beef||1 Pound|
|Chopped onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Red pepper||1 Medium, coarsely chopped|
|Sliced fresh mushrooms||4 Ounce|
|Spaghetti sauce||3 Cup (48 tbs) (Chunky Style)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1305 Calories from Fat 572
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 64 g99%
Saturated Fat 14.1 g70.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 260 mg
Sodium 3498.6 mg145.8%
Total Carbohydrates 68 g22.7%
Dietary Fiber 23.5 g94%
Sugars 35 g
Protein 116 g232%
Vitamin A 170.8% Vitamin C 293%
Calcium 15.3% Iron 85.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a saucepan, combine together the beef and onion; cook till beef is becomes brown and the onion is tender and translucent.
2. Add mushrooms toward the end of cooking time; drain off fat.
3. Add red pepper, chunky spaghetti sauce, salt and pepper and bring the mixture to boil.
4. Reduce heat and simmer for about 20 minutes.
5. This creamy, rich sauce is excellent for preparing spaghetti, rigatoni or any other thick pasta. It also gives out a great aroma.