- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Limpa Bread Recipe
|Fennel seed||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Molasses||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||3 Tablespoon, cut into 1/2 inch pieces (At Room Temperature)|
|Boiling water||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Warm water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (105 To 115 Degree F)|
|Active dry yeast||1⁄4 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Warm milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs) (105 To 115 Degree F)|
|Rye flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Raisins/Hulled sunflower seeds||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2708 Calories from Fat 434
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 50 g76.3%
Saturated Fat 27.3 g136.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 113.7 mg
Sodium 1104.6 mg46%
Total Carbohydrates 516 g171.9%
Dietary Fiber 39 g156.1%
Sugars 123.3 g
Protein 65 g129.6%
Vitamin A 26.2% Vitamin C 4.5%
Calcium 57.4% Iron 174.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 375° F.
2. Take a large electric mixer bowl with dough hook, add fennel seeds, molasses, butter, salt and boiling water, mix and allow to cool.
3. Take a small bowl, prepare a honey-warm water mixture and dissolve in yeast and allow to stand for 5 to 20 minutes to turn the mixture bubbly.
4. Add to cooled molasses mixture. Add milk, flours and knead for 3 minutes. Gather together and place on a floured board. Add raisins and knead for 2 to 4 minutes for even distribution.
5. Shape as a ball, arrange in a bowl greased with oil and place with oiled side on top. Cover slightly and allow to stand for 1.5 hours in a warm area, free of draft, to double the dough. Press the dough down hard.
6. Make into loaf. Take a 5 X 9 X 3 inch loaf pan, grease with oil and arrange the loaf in it. Cover and allow to stand for 1 hour till double.
7. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, once the bread leaves a hollow sound when tapped.
8. Take out, cool on wire rack, slice and serve.