- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Lime Parfaits Recipe
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Light corn syrup||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Egg yolks||2 , beaten|
|Half and half||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Lime juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Grated lime rind||1 Teaspoon|
|Fresh strawberries||1 Pint|
|Whipping cream||1 Cup (16 tbs), whipped|
Calories 620 Calories from Fat 279
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 31 g47.9%
Saturated Fat 19.4 g96.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 203.4 mg
Sodium 119.7 mg5%
Total Carbohydrates 78 g26%
Dietary Fiber 2.6 g10.4%
Sugars 49.1 g
Protein 7 g14.6%
Vitamin A 8.1% Vitamin C 130.1%
Calcium 20% Iron 4.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In top of a double broiler, combine together the sugar, milk, corn syrup and egg yolks. Cook the mixture till it has slightly thickened (about 8 to 10 minutes) stirring constantly.
2) Remove mixture from the heat and allow it to cool.
Into the custard mixture, stir half-and-half the lime juice and lime rind.
3) Beat the egg white when they are at room temperature till stiff peaks are formed and gently fold into the lime mix.
4) Spoon the concoction into a square pan of 8 or 9 inches and freeze till it has formed.
5) Slightly thaw the lime mixture breaking it into chunks.
6) In a large bowl, place the chunks and beat till fluffy at the medium speed of an electric mixer.
7) Return concoction to the pan and freeze till it has formed.
8) Rinse the strawberries, hull them and set 6 to 8 strawberries aside. Slice the remaining berries.
9) Slightly thaw the lime mixture.
10) Into chilled parfait glasses, spoon the alternate layers of the lime mix, sliced strawberries and whipped cream.
11) Serve immediately after topping with whipped cream and garnishing with whole strawberries.