- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Dilip's Lime Jerk Seitan Recipe Video
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Seitan||8 Ounce, thinly sliced|
|Lime||2 , juiced (or 1 lemon)|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), crushed|
|Fresh oregano leaves||10 , torn (or Dried oregano- 1/8 teaspoon)|
|Chili powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Granulated garlic||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Dried oregano||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|All spice powder||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Nutmeg powder||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|For the vegetables|
|Kale||1 Bunch (100 gm), diced small, leaves torn into small pieces separately|
|White onion||1 Small, diced|
|Red bell pepper||1 Small, seeded, diced|
Calories 302 Calories from Fat 91
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g15.5%
Saturated Fat 1.3 g6.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 734.8 mg30.6%
Total Carbohydrates 27 g9%
Dietary Fiber 6.6 g26.5%
Sugars 6 g
Protein 4 g8.2%
Vitamin A 203.1% Vitamin C 263.4%
Calcium 12.6% Iron 19.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a bowl put the seitan. Add garlic, oregano and lime juice. Mix them well till all the pieces are coated well.
2. Cover and let it refrigerate overnight. Drain them and set aside.
3. In a small bowl, mix all the jerk spice. Set aside.
4. In a cast iron pan (or non-stick pan), add oil and heat it on medium. Once hot add the seitan and sauté them for around 5 minutes or till they begin to change color to brown.
5. Add the kale stems and stir for 1 minute. Add in the onion and sauté till they turn translucent.
6. Put the bell pepper in and cook till they are tender and onions caramelize. Add the kale leaves and stir well. Once they begin to wilt add the jerk spices and mix well by stirring. Turn off the heat and add the lime zest. Mix well.
7. In a serving plate, serve the seitan with some cooked brown rice and salad.
Reduce or increase the spices as desired.