- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Lime Glazed Cornish Hens Recipe
|Frozen cornish hens||2 Pound|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (1/2 stick)|
|Brown sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|Lime juice||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Soy sauce||1 Teaspoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2283 Calories from Fat 1549
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 173 g265.9%
Saturated Fat 64.2 g320.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1037.3 mg
Sodium 2779.8 mg115.8%
Total Carbohydrates 17 g5.8%
Dietary Fiber 0.13 g0.52%
Sugars 15.5 g
Protein 156 g312.9%
Vitamin A 47.9% Vitamin C 18.8%
Calcium 11.9% Iron 40.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Remove giblets from hens; rinse hens and pat dry. Rub cavities with salt.
3. Melt butter in a 1-cup glass measuring cup in microwave oven (about 1 minute at High). Mix in brown sugar, lime juice and soy sauce. Brush cavities with some of the butter mixture.
4. Tie legs and tail together with cotton thread. Cover ends of wings and legs with small pieces of aluminum foil.
5. Place hens breast-side-down on a microwave-oven-safe platter. Cover with waxed paper. Cook in microwave oven 8 minutes at High.
6. Remove foil, turn hens over, brush with butter mixture and cover again with waxed paper. Cook in microwave oven 11 minutes at High, or until tender.
7. Remove from oven. Cover hens with foil and let stand 15 to 20 minutes for heat to equalize.