- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Lime Ginger Beef Recipe
|Rump steak||1 1⁄4 Pound, cut into thin strips|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Safflower oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Carrot||1 Large, julienned|
|Sweet red pepper||To Taste, julienned|
|Ginger sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Lime||1 , grated|
|Grated ginger||1 Teaspoon|
|Dry sherry||2 Tablespoon|
|Soy sauce||2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||1⁄2 Teaspoon, finely chopped|
|Cornflour||1 Tablespoon, mixed|
Calories 290 Calories from Fat 60
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g10.5%
Saturated Fat 2.2 g10.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0.63 mg
Sodium 236.4 mg9.8%
Total Carbohydrates 15 g4.9%
Dietary Fiber 1.1 g4.2%
Sugars 5.4 g
Protein 43 g86.1%
Vitamin A 61.9% Vitamin C 8.6%
Calcium 2% Iron 3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Allow a microwave browning dish to be preheated on high for the maximum time allowed in the dish's instruction manual.
2) Season the beef strips generously with black pepper.
3) Swirl the preheated dish evenly with 1/2 tablespoon of oil.
4) Put half of the beef strips on the dish to sear, often stirring and turning them with a wooden spoon.
5) Take off the seared beef from the dish after 1 or 2 minutes.
6) Using a paper towel, wipe off the browning dish and then heat it again for 3 minutes.
7) Apply remaining oil on to the dish and allow the remaining beef to be seared in the same way.
8) To a baking dish, transfer the beef and then mix in spring onions, carrot and red pepper.
9) Take a small bowl and mix together all the ingredients for the lime-ginger sauce in it.
10) Spoon lime-ginger sauce over beef and vegetables and then cook the mixture for 3 minutes on high.
11) Serve the beef and vegetables on a platter at once.