- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Lime Cake Recipe Video
|Cake flour||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Butter||1 Cup (16 tbs), unsalted at room temperature|
|Sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Ener-g egg replacer||8 Teaspoon|
|Baking powder||3 Teaspoon|
|Lime juice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Orange juice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Lime zest||1 Tablespoon|
|Orange zest||1 Tablespoon|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||5 Drop (Optional)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 5241 Calories from Fat 1792
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 203 g311.8%
Saturated Fat 120.6 g603.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 507.2 mg
Sodium 3323.3 mg138.5%
Total Carbohydrates 817 g272.3%
Dietary Fiber 50.7 g202.9%
Sugars 436.8 g
Protein 78 g156.9%
Vitamin A 131.6% Vitamin C 344.2%
Calcium 184.9% Iron 19.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven at 350 degrees F.
2. In a blender add butter and sugar and beat till the mixture becomes fluffy.
3. Mix juices and zests of lime and orange, add into the butter and sugar mixture and blend.
4. In a bowl add cake flour, salt, baking powder and mix well.
5. To the butter sugar mixture add vanilla extract and egg replacer and blend.
6. Add milk slowly into the butter sugar mixture and blend after every addition.
7. Add the dry ingredients mixture slowly and blend after each addition scraping down the sides.
8. Use a spatula to mix the flour mixture into the wet mixture and then blend with the blender.
9. Pour the batter into a nonstick baking pan and level.
10. Place in the oven and bake for about 25-30 minutes.
11. Pour the same batter into cup cake molds and bake.
12. Once done, let the cakes cool completely.
13. Decorate with icing if desired and serve or serve as it is with tea.