- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Lime Angel Pie Recipe
|Vanilla cookie crumbs||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Finely chopped walnuts||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Melted butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Plain gelatin||2 Tablespoon (2 Envelopes)|
|Cold water||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Eggs||6 , separated|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Lime juice||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Lime||1 , rind grated|
|Whipping cream||1 Cup (16 tbs) (For Topping)|
Calories 552 Calories from Fat 302
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 34 g52.2%
Saturated Fat 17.1 g85.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 286.1 mg
Sodium 387.2 mg16.1%
Total Carbohydrates 48 g16%
Dietary Fiber 2.3 g9.2%
Sugars 38.8 g
Protein 13 g26.5%
Vitamin A 9.6% Vitamin C 11.2%
Calcium 6.3% Iron 13.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Combine crumbled cookies, chopped nuts and melted butter.
2) Take a greased 8" spring form pan; pack the mixture in it, covering bottom and l" up side of pan.
3) Keep the pan in refrigerator to allow chilling for 2 to 3 hours.
4) In the meantime, soak gelatine in cold water to soften.
5) Whip egg yolks until they become thick and then mix in sugar, lime juice and salt.
6) Cook this mixture over low heat until it coats the back of a metal spoon.
7) Stir in softened gelatine to dissolve.
8) Mix in grated rind and chill the mixture for 1/2 hour.
9) Beat egg whites and slowly add in sugar until the meringue reaches a stiff stage.
10) Add in the meringue when the gelatine mixture begins to thicken.
11) Into crumb shell, pour the lime mixture and again keep in refrigerator to chill.
12) Release the pie from the rim of pan and slide onto a serving plate.
13) Serve at once after garnishing with whipped cream.