- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cheesy Lima Beans Recipe
|Large lima beans||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Dry white wine||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Monterey jack cheese/Any bland yellow cheese||3⁄4 Pound|
|Celery salt||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 468 Calories from Fat 198
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 25 g37.9%
Saturated Fat 14 g69.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 76.1 mg
Sodium 613.5 mg25.6%
Total Carbohydrates 36 g12%
Dietary Fiber 10.3 g41.3%
Sugars 7.9 g
Protein 25 g49.7%
Vitamin A 38.1% Vitamin C 49.3%
Calcium 45.6% Iron 22.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Take a saucepan and cook pre-soaked lima beans according to package directions.
2) Drain and heat with wine immediately before chafing time.
3) Take a blazer pan and heat butter in it until bubbly.
4) Add onions and sauté until tender.
5) Stir in tomatoes. Cover and cook slowly for about 10 minutes.
6) Place pan over hot water and gradually blend in cheese, stir until melted.
7) Add seasonings, pimientos, lima beans and wine. Heat through
8) Keep hot over hot water.