- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Lima Beans With Carrots And Bacon Recipe
|Bacon piece||1⁄4 Pound, diced|
|Lemon||2 Medium, peeled|
|Yellow onions||1 Medium, peeled|
|Baby lima beans||3 Pound, shelled|
|Boiling water||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Dry white wine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sour cream||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Minced dill||3 Tablespoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 5427 Calories from Fat 654
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 72 g110.4%
Saturated Fat 30.9 g154.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 246.8 mg
Sodium 5292.1 mg220.5%
Total Carbohydrates 890 g296.7%
Dietary Fiber 290.5 g1161.8%
Sugars 120.4 g
Protein 336 g671.4%
Vitamin A 142.8% Vitamin C 221.1%
Calcium 147.7% Iron 498.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
(1) In a large skillet, brown the bacon until crispy
(2) Remove and drain on paper toweling and keep aside
(3) To the bacon fat, add carrots and onion and sauté for about 8 minutes until onion is soft and golden.
(4) Add beans, salt, paprika, and pepper and sauté to mix.
(5) Pour water and stir.
(6) Cover pan, reduce flame to low and simmer for 20-25 minutes until beans are tender.
(7) Crumble in the fried bacon and stir in with wine, sour cream and dill
(8) Stir for 1-2 minutes until well heated.
(9) Serve the beans with the creamy sauce while it is warm
(10) It is a great accompaniment to steaks and grilled meats.