- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Lima Beans Deluxe Recipe
|All purpose flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cooked lima beans||2 Cup (32 tbs), drained|
|Chopped pimiento||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Shredded cheddar cheese||1⁄4 Pound (1 Cup)|
|Melted butter/Melted margarine||2 Tablespoon|
|Soft breadcrumbs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1646 Calories from Fat 842
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 95 g146.6%
Saturated Fat 59.9 g299.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 273.1 mg
Sodium 3281.8 mg136.7%
Total Carbohydrates 134 g44.6%
Dietary Fiber 28.2 g112.8%
Sugars 33 g
Protein 64 g128.7%
Vitamin A 123.6% Vitamin C 143.4%
Calcium 113.1% Iron 22.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to 375 degree.
2) Take a heavy saucepan, melt butter over low heat, and stir in flour for one minute, ensuring you stir it continuously.
3) Pour in milk gradually, stirring continuously until it thickens and then sprinkle salt and pepper.
4) Add beans, cheese, pimiento, and catsup to the sauce and mix well.
5) Take a greased 1-1/2 quart casserole and pour the mixture over it.
6) Blend melted butter with breadcrumbs, mix well, and sprinkle over the top.
7) Bake for 30 minutes at 375 degree.
8) Decorate and serve.