- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Lima Bean And Radicchio Salad Recipe
|Frozen lima beans/1 cup fresh beans||1 Cup (16 tbs) (1 Package)|
|Radicchio lettuce heads||2 Small|
|White wine vinegar||3 Tablespoon|
|Champagne/White wine vinegar||3 Tablespoon|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Vegetable oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Safflower Or Soy)|
Calories 246 Calories from Fat 195
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 22 g33.8%
Saturated Fat 2.9 g14.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 128.4 mg5.3%
Total Carbohydrates 8 g2.8%
Dietary Fiber 1.9 g7.6%
Sugars 0.7 g
Protein 3 g5.3%
Vitamin A 1.6% Vitamin C 15.2%
Calcium 1.4% Iron 7.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Heat a small pot of lightly salted water and allow it come to a boil.
2) Put in lima beans and cook till they turn tender. Remove from heat and drain.
3) Immediately put them in ice-cold water to chill. Drain again.
4) Separate, tear and wash the radicchio leaves.
5) Line them on individual serving plates along with a tablespoon or two of Lima beans.
6) Take a separate bowl, and mix all the ingredients for the vinaigrette well.
7) Pour the vinaigrette over each plate and serve.