- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Like Oatmeal Recipe
|White bread slice||1|
|Boiling water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Evaporated skim milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Powdered cinnamon||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Imitation butter flavoring||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Artificial sweetener||2 Tablespoon|
|Strawberries/Other seasonal fruit||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 212 Calories from Fat 49
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g8.1%
Saturated Fat 1.6 g7.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 225.1 mg
Sodium 274.9 mg11.5%
Total Carbohydrates 28 g9.3%
Dietary Fiber 2.9 g11.4%
Sugars 13.8 g
Protein 13 g25.6%
Vitamin A 9.7% Vitamin C 86%
Calcium 23.6% Iron 7.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Break down the bread into small bite-sized pieces.
2) In a non-stick pan, place the bread pieces, milk and boiling water.
3) Simmer the bread mixture for 5 minutes.
4) Whisk in the egg, stirring constantly.
5) Add cinnamon, butter and sweetener.
6) Simmer for 3 more minutes, stirring constantly until the mixture is lumpy like oatmeal.
7) Serve hot garnished with strawberries.