- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Light Vegetable Stew With Mange Tout And Mustard Recipe
|Courgette||1 , halved lengthwise and cut diagonally into 1/4 inch slices|
|Fresh lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Unsalted butter||1 Ounce, cut into pieces|
|Carrots||2 , cut diagonally into 1/4 inch thick ovals|
|Shallot||1 , finely chopped|
|Dijon mustard||1 Tablespoon|
|Cos lettuce||1 , cored, the leaves torn into 2 inch pieces|
|Fresh thyme/1/4 teaspoon dried thyme||1 Teaspoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Mangetout||4 Ounce, any stems and strings removed, large pods halved diagonally (125 Grams)|
Calories 109 Calories from Fat 58
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g10.2%
Saturated Fat 3.7 g18.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 15.2 mg
Sodium 95.3 mg4%
Total Carbohydrates 11 g3.7%
Dietary Fiber 4 g16.1%
Sugars 4.4 g
Protein 3 g6.4%
Vitamin A 239.8% Vitamin C 81.1%
Calcium 6.4% Iron 10.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a small bowl put the courgette.
2) Add lemon juice and toss. Keep aside.
3) In a large bowl, add butter and microwave on high for 1 minute.
4) Add carrots, shallot, and mustard.
5) Cook and stir the mixture on high for 2 minutes.
6) Mix lettuce, thyme, salt and some pepper.
7) Add the vegetables and stir to coat with butter.
8) Microwave on high for 1 minute stirring once after 30 seconds.
9) Add the courgette slices and lemon juice.
10) Add the mange-tout.
11) Cook the stew on high for few minutes, stirring once half way through the cooking time.
12) Stir vegetables, cover and let it cook for 3 minute.
13) Serve immediately.