- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Light Ratatouille Recipe
|Courgettes||2 , trimmed|
|Aubergine||1 Small, trimmed|
|Onion||1 , peeled|
|Button mushrooms||2 Ounce, wiped and halved or quartered (50 Grams)|
|Tomato juice||7 Fluid Ounce (200 Milliliter)|
|Freshly chopped basil||1 Tablespoon|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 341 Calories from Fat 24
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3 g4.3%
Saturated Fat 0.49 g2.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 482.4 mg20.1%
Total Carbohydrates 76 g25.2%
Dietary Fiber 26.2 g104.7%
Sugars 41.2 g
Protein 17 g34.5%
Vitamin A 172.8% Vitamin C 535.3%
Calcium 21.1% Iron 31.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Place the tomatoes in boiling water until their skins begin to peel away.
3. Remove the skins from the tomatoes, cut into quarters and remove the seeds.
4. Place all the vegetables in a saucepan with the tomato juice and basil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
5. Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
6. Remove the vegetables with a slotted spoon and arrange in a serving dish.
7. Bring the liquid in the pan to the boil and boil for 20 seconds until it is slightly thickened. Season the sauce to taste with salt and pepper.
8. Pass the sauce through a sieve to remove some of the seeds and pour over the vegetables. Serve the ratatouille hot or cold.