- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Betty's Light Lemon-Filled Angel Cake --Low Cal! Recipe Video
|Lemon pie filling mix||1 Ounce (instant sugarfree)|
|Skim milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Light lemon yogurt||6 Ounce|
|Angel food cake||1 Pound (ready to serve)|
|Fat-free frozen whipped topping||18 Ounce|
|Lemon||1 , slice|
Calories 267 Calories from Fat 23
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3 g3.9%
Saturated Fat 0.07 g0.36%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 8 mg
Sodium 262 mg10.9%
Total Carbohydrates 54 g17.9%
Dietary Fiber 0.36 g1.4%
Sugars 18.2 g
Protein 5 g10.1%
Vitamin A 0.3% Vitamin C 10.4%
Calcium 7.6% Iron 0.48%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large mixing bowl, pour skimmed milk, add instant lemon pie mix and beat for 2 minutes. Refrigerate overnight.
2. Add light lemon yogurt to the mixture and mix lightly.
3. Place the angel food cake on a cake stand.
4. Using an electric knife divide the cake horizontally into three parts.
5. Place the lowermost layer of the cake on the cake stand, evenly spread the prepared cream mixture.
6. Place the middle layer on top of the bottom layer, spread the cream mixture evenly and cap with the topmost division of the cake.
7. Cover the sides and top of the cake evenly with whipped topping.
8. Using an electric knife, cut a pie from the cake. Garnish with lemon slice and mint leaves.
9. Serve as a dessert after food.