- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pumpkin Soup -- Liberian Food Recipe Video
|Squash||1 Medium, peeled , de-seed and cubed (pumpkin)|
|Palm oil||4 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 Large, mince|
|Fresh tomatoes||2 , mash|
|Tomato paste||1 Tablespoon|
|Meat||300 Gram, cubed (of your choice) (Optional)|
|Smoked fish||1 Tablespoon (or fish, pre boiled and bones removed)|
|Black pepper/White pepper||To Taste|
|Chili pepper||To Taste|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs) (more or less as needed)|
Calories 208 Calories from Fat 123
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g21.4%
Saturated Fat 6.4 g31.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 19 mg
Sodium 380.5 mg15.9%
Total Carbohydrates 9 g3%
Dietary Fiber 2.1 g8.5%
Sugars 5 g
Protein 13 g25.2%
Vitamin A 9.9% Vitamin C 32%
Calcium 2.7% Iron 3.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a saucepan, heat the oil and fry the onion with a bouillon cube for 5 minutes.
2. Add mashed tomato, tomato paste, and black pepper. Fry for 3 minutes.
3. Stir the pumpkin and meat. Cover with water and simmer for 20 minutes.
4. Mash the pumpkin in the soup and add the fish. Let simmer for an additional 10 minutes on low flame.
5. Season with salt and chili pepper to taste.
6. Serve hot over rice and enjoy!