- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Lima Bean Casserole Recipe
|Dried baby lima beans||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Onions||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs), chopped|
|Green peppers paste||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), chopped|
|Oil||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Ripe olives||2 Cup (32 tbs), chopped|
|Grated parmesan cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chili powder||2 Teaspoon|
Calories 337 Calories from Fat 115
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g20.4%
Saturated Fat 3.2 g16.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 9.1 mg3%
Sodium 478.3 mg19.9%
Total Carbohydrates 41 g13.8%
Dietary Fiber 13.4 g53.8%
Sugars 7.4 g
Protein 16 g31.9%
Vitamin A 16.5% Vitamin C 45.7%
Calcium 19.9% Iron 26.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven
2. Soak beans in water overnight; drain.
3. Simmer the soaked beans in salted water until tender; drain, reserving 2 cups liquid.
4. Sauté onions, green peppers and garlic in oil until tender; stir mixture into beans.
5. Add reserved liquid, olives, 1/2 cup cheese, 2 teaspoons salt, chili powder and tomato paste.
6. Turn into 4-quart casserole; sprinkle with cheese and then bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes.
7. Serve hot