- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Lettuce Soup Recipe
|Lettuce||2 , diced|
|Chicken stock||1⁄2 Pint|
Calories 152 Calories from Fat 66
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g11.4%
Saturated Fat 4.4 g22.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 18.1 mg
Sodium 224.5 mg9.4%
Total Carbohydrates 18 g6.1%
Dietary Fiber 3 g11.9%
Sugars 7.9 g
Protein 4 g7.7%
Vitamin A 251% Vitamin C 56.9%
Calcium 8.2% Iron 8.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Using a vegetable shredder, shred lettuce.
2) Heat a pan and melt butter. Put in the lettuce, onion and potato.
3) Sauté lightly without browning. This will take about 5 minutes.
4) Pour in milk, stock and wine, let it come to a boil, stirring continuously.
5) Close with lid and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes.
6) Remove from heat. Strain through a sieve or liquidize.
7) Return to the pan and season.
8) Serve hot in bowls with a dollop of cream.