- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Lettuce Apple and Orange Salad Recipe
|Iceberg lettuce||1 Large|
|Apples||2 , peeled, cored and cubed|
|Celery stalks||2 , finely chopped|
|Lime||1 , juiced|
|Extra virgin olive oil||4 Tablespoon|
|Balsamic vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 336 Calories from Fat 146
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g24.4%
Saturated Fat 1.2 g6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 393.8 mg16.4%
Total Carbohydrates 50 g16.5%
Dietary Fiber 10.7 g42.7%
Sugars 37.1 g
Protein 4 g7%
Vitamin A 26.6% Vitamin C 224.5%
Calcium 16.2% Iron 7.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Separate the lettuce leaves and wash them well.
2. Soak lettuce in a bowl of ice-cold water for about 30 minutes.
3. Drain and pat dry on a kitchen towel.
4. Tear lettuce leaves into suitable-sized pieces.
5. In a large salad bowl add lime juice.
6. Drop, lettuce, apples and celery into it.
7. Grate orange rind to get 2 tsp and keep aside.
8. Peel oranges, get rid of pith and seeds from their segments and mix them with apples and celery.
9. Toss all the ingredients together in the salad bowl and refrigerate to chill.
10. Mix all the remaining ingredients for dressing with orange rind and whisk till well amalgamated.
11. Sprinkle dressing over salad about 5 minutes before serving and toss till well coated.