- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Lettuce And Green Peas Recipe
|Green peas||2 Pound|
|Mint||1 Teaspoon, chopped|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1455 Calories from Fat 316
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 37 g56.2%
Saturated Fat 17.2 g85.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 64.5 mg
Sodium 664.6 mg27.7%
Total Carbohydrates 230 g76.7%
Dietary Fiber 106.2 g424.7%
Sugars 90.2 g
Protein 84 g169%
Vitamin A 5095.4% Vitamin C 1740.9%
Calcium 118.2% Iron 228.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Wash lettuce leaves thoroughly.
2) Shell peas.
3) Cut butter into small pieces.
4) Using half lettuce leaves line the base of heavy saucepan.
5) Add peas and mint on lettuce leaves.
6) Add cubes of butter and add sugar.
7) Sprinkle salt and freshly ground pepper on it. Layer with remaining lettuce leaves on top of the peas.
8) Place a lid to cover the pan cook on gentle heat for about 25 minutes. Sheke the pan in between to prevent sticking.
9) Place lettuce and peas into a deep warm dish with the cooking liquid and serve immediately.