- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Lentils and Sausage Recipe
|Brown lentils||1 Cup (16 tbs), washed|
|Olive oil||6 Tablespoon|
|Whole garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), peeled|
|Onion||1 , finely chopped|
|Chopped sausage/Chopped bacon||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Spicy)|
Calories 1023 Calories from Fat 581
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 65 g100.6%
Saturated Fat 19.1 g95.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 63.5 mg
Sodium 590.4 mg24.6%
Total Carbohydrates 72 g23.9%
Dietary Fiber 31.3 g125.1%
Sugars 5.1 g
Protein 43 g86.8%
Vitamin A 14.6% Vitamin C 21.3%
Calcium 9% Iron 46.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Take a saucepan and add lentils and 2 1/2 cups of water to it.
2) Add the bay leaf and boil before reducing the heat and simmering for 25 minutes.
3) Drain out the water and keep it aside.
4) Take a frying pan and sauté the sausages and onions in oil until they become light brown.
5) Add the flour, paprika and garlic cloves to the pan and stir them in.
6) Add the boiled lentils and season with salt and pepper.
7) Cook for 2-3 minutes adding extra lentil liquid if required.
8) Serve hot.