- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Lentil Tomato Soup Recipe
|Lentils||4 Ounce, uncooked|
|Water||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Diced onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Diced carrot||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Diced celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Tomato juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Olive oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Chopped fresh parsley||2 Teaspoon|
|Grated parmesan cheese||2 Teaspoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 634 Calories from Fat 129
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g22.4%
Saturated Fat 3.4 g17%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 8.8 mg
Sodium 1250.3 mg52.1%
Total Carbohydrates 92 g30.8%
Dietary Fiber 39.8 g159.3%
Sugars 14.7 g
Protein 37 g73.2%
Vitamin A 272.1% Vitamin C 89.6%
Calcium 27.6% Iron 57.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Sort the lentils and wash them properly.
2) Combine together the lentils and water in a 1 Â½ to 2-quart saucepan.
3) Add the tomato juice, vegetables, garlic and oil.
4) Bring the mixture to a boil.
5) Reduce the heat and cover the pan.
6) Gently simmer for about 45 minutes, till the lentils are soft.
7) Season with salt and pepper.
8) Serve as preferred.