- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Lentil Salad with Avocado and Mango Recipe Video
|Lentil||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Red bell pepper||1 Medium|
|Avocado||1 1⁄2 Small, cubed|
|Firm ripe mango||1 Medium, cut into small pieces|
|Red onion||1 Small, minced|
|Lemon||1 Large, zest grated and lemon juice squeezed|
|Fresh cilantro||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Cayenne pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground cumin||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
Calories 151 Calories from Fat 29
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3 g5.3%
Saturated Fat 0.5 g2.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 127 mg5.3%
Total Carbohydrates 25 g8.3%
Dietary Fiber 10.4 g41.4%
Sugars 6.9 g
Protein 7 g14.4%
Vitamin A 21.5% Vitamin C 70.2%
Calcium 3.1% Iron 12.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a pan, boil 1 cup of lentil in 2 ½ cups of water for about 50 minutes until just tender.
2. Drain and keep aside.
3. On the gas top, roast the red bell pepper until skin is charred.
4. Keep it in a closed container for few minutes to steam.
5. Remove the bell pepper and peel the skin off.
6. Cut the bell pepper into small pieces.
7. To the boiled lentils, add chopped bell pepper, mango, avocado, onion, grated lemon zest, lemon juice, fresh cilantro, salt, cayenne pepper and cumin powder; toss well to mix.
8. Plate the Lentil Salad with Avocado and Mango for a delicious side dish.