- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Lentil Salad Recipe
|Dried lentils||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Water||2 1⁄8 Cup (34 tbs) (2 Cups + 2 Tablespoons)|
|Chopped red pepper||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chopped green pepper||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Balsamic vinegar||3 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||3 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), chopped|
|Chopped green onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Ground thyme||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|White pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon (Or According To Taste)|
Calories 155 Calories from Fat 5
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.57 g0.88%
Saturated Fat 0.1 g0.48%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 8.1 mg0.3%
Total Carbohydrates 28 g9.3%
Dietary Fiber 12.5 g50%
Sugars 3.6 g
Protein 10 g20.2%
Vitamin A 21.1% Vitamin C 57.4%
Calcium 6.5% Iron 25.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Rinse lentils to remove any foreign matter and drain well.
2) In a medium saucepan, bring a mixture of lentils, 2 cups water and bay leaf to a boil.
3) Lower heat and cook, covered for 30 minutes gently just below boiling, until lentils are cooked but still rigid and do not fall apart.
4) In a medium saucepan, over medium heat, heat 2 tablespoons water and cook red and green peppers in it until vegetables soften and then keep aside.
5) Drain the excess liquid from lentils, removing bay leaf and then add in peppers while still warm.
6) Mix together vinegar, lemon juice, garlic, green onion, marjoram, thyme and white pepper.
7) Pour the dressing over lentil mixture and toss to coat well.
8) In a serving bowl, place the salad and flavor with parsley.
9) Chill, covered in refrigerator for 1 hour or longer.
10) Serve cold.