- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Lentil and Bulgar Salad Recipe Video
|Water||4 1⁄2 Cup (72 tbs)|
|Lentils||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Bulgur||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Juice of lemon||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm)|
Calories 492 Calories from Fat 14
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 2 g2.5%
Saturated Fat 0.27 g1.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 500.2 mg20.8%
Total Carbohydrates 92 g30.7%
Dietary Fiber 37.3 g149.1%
Sugars 4.1 g
Protein 30 g60.8%
Vitamin A 14% Vitamin C 35.8%
Calcium 9% Iron 47.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Add two and a half cup water to a medium saucepan. Bring it to a boil
2. Add lentils, reduce flame to low. Cover and cook till around 45 minutes.
3. In a small saucepan, add the remaining two cups of water. Bring it to a boil.
4. Add bulgar and cover with a lid. Let it cook for 25 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, dice tomatoes and cucumber. Slice green onions. Take it all in a bowl.
6. Mince garlic and add it to the bowl.
7. Add bulgar and lentils. Mix well
8. To serve, sprinkle lemon juice and salt over it. Ensure that it is evenly coated and enjoy.